Ryo Oyamada, a 24 year old student from Japan, was struck and killed by an NYPD vehicle in a hit & run. Witnesses say the police car had no lights or sirens on and was going over 70 mph. The released footage by NYPD was proven to be heavily altered in a cover-up
Right now, 500 light years away from Earth, there’s a planet that looks a lot like our own. It is bathed in dim orangeish light, which at high noon is only as bright as the golden hour before sunset back home.
NASA scientists are calling the planet Kepler-186f, and it’s unlike anything they’ve found. The big news: Kepler-186f is the closest relative to the Earth that researchers have discovered.
It’s the first Earth-sized planet in the habitable zone of another star—the sweet spot between too-hot Mercury-like planets and too-cold Neptunes— and it is likely to give scientists their first real opportunity to seek life elsewhere in the universe. “It’s no longer in the realm of science fiction,” said Elisa Quintana, a researcher at the SETI Institute.
But if there is indeed life on Kepler-186f, it may not look like what we have here. Given the redder wavelengths of light on the planet, vegetation there would sprout in hues of yellow and orange instead of green.
Read more. [Image: NASA Ames/SETI Institute/JPL-Caltech]
ppl who randomly message u on the tumble are the best kind of ppl even if they’re just bein all like ‘hello!’ because its like omg hi hello person wow someones talking to me this is the best day ever
i get like 10 hellos a day because of this post
No one ever messages me. 😒
I got seven hellos & hi’s the last time i reblogged this
1. Let people you love go if they need it. Doing what is best for a person even if it breaks you is what loving someone really is.
2. Forgive people who make valid apologies. Really forgive them. It will help both of you.
3. Not everyone deserves a second chance. Learn who to trust again and who to move on from.
4. Don’t exercise. Do recreational activity. Know that one is about punishing your body for not being naturally what society deems perfect, and the other is about enjoying something that coincidentally involves moving around.
5. Never deny yourself when it comes to food. Eating is not a sin and should never be associated with guilt, greed, or gluttony.
6. Eating is wonderful, delicious, joyous, experimental, strengthening, nourishing, and sociable.
7. Don’t regret any choices that you made. It was exactly what you wanted at that time and your decision would never have been any different. If it turned out badly, use the experience to learn from your mistakes, move forward, and not make them again in the future.
8. Be open and honest, always. Communicate what you are feeling to other people. It makes you look strong, not weak, and it will make your relationships deeper and more solid.
9. Write letters to people that deserve it. Write letters of love. Write letters of thanks. They will be treasured.
10. Read a lot. Always have a book by your bed. It will expand your imagination, teach you new things, and act as a place you can escape to when life is difficult.
11. Listen to people who are sad, and really hear them. Make an effort to genuinely understand them and empathise with the way they are feeling. Help them in ways you would like to be helped.
12. Honour your body. Respond to what it is telling you, always. If it needs fuel, eat. If it is tired, rest. Appreciate your body for keeping you alive even when you treated it like the enemy.
13. If you love someone, tell them. You might not get another opportunity, and you should never let yourself live with a “what if”.
14. Stand up for yourself, and stand up for others. Do not be someone who stays silent in the face of injustice.
15. Travel whenever you can. It is important, exciting, invaluable, and liberating, to explore the world.
16. Live life for yourself. Learn to say yes, and learn to say no.
Don’t ever forget that you are worth a hell of a lot. Cut people out of your life who don’t appreciate that, and hold those close that do.
|—||16 Things That I learnt in the Last Two Years (via thisistheanswertonothing)|
Alright, i’m gonna sit down and basically explain the situation in this ask so everyone of my followers knows why i’m so pissed.
Michael Brown, a 17 - 18 year old african american boy was unlawfully shot (8-10 times supposedly) by police in St Louis, Missouri on saturday, august 9th, 2014. He was unarmed, and had done nothing to attract suspicion other than the fact that he was black. His body was left in the street for 4 hours. (beware: somewhat graphic image linked)
There are several claims from witnesses (see: Dorian Johnson’s account and video [HIGHLY RECOMMEND READING UP ON HIS ACCOUNT, ITS VERY SPECIFIC] — Brown’s friend who experienced the situation first hand, La’Toya Cash and Phillip Walker— Ferguson residents nearby the incident), that fall together in generally close claims. However, the only one who’s claim seems out of place is the police officer’s who shot Brown. Who, by the way, is put off on paid administrative leave AND who’s name remained under anonymity for his safety (However, attorney Benjamin Crump is looking for a way to force release his name). He claims that Brown began to wrestle the officer for his gun and tried attacking him after he told Brown and his friend Dorian Johnson (22) to “get the f*ck on the sidewalk”.
According to Johnson, after a minor confrontation on the officer’s part where he grabbed Brown by the neck and then by the shirt, the officer pulled his gun on Brown and shot him at point blank range on the right side of his body. Brown and Johnson were able to get away briefly and started running. However, Brown was shot in the back, supposedly disabling him from getting very far. He turned around with his arms in the air and said “I don’t have a gun, stop shooting!” By this point, Brown and the officer were face to face as the cop shot him several times in the face and chest until he was finally dead. Johnson ran to his apartment and by the sound of his account, seemingly had some sort of panic attack. Later he emerged from his home to see Brown still laying in the streets. People were gathered with their cellphones, screaming at the police.
According to msnbc, the police refuse to interview Johnson at all, despite his amazing courage to come forward. They didn’t wanna hear it. They only listened to the cop’s account of it all and were vague with the media on what they thought happened. They’ve also refused to commit to a timeline in releasing autopsy results and other investigation information.
Numerous rumors are sweeping around such as Brown stealing candy from a QuickTrip, the store he emerged from calling the cops on him, Brown reaching for a gun, Brown attacking the cop first, ect. But these have all been debunked. (I know a lot of these have been debunked, but im having a hard time finding sources. if anyone could help out and link some legit ones id be SO grateful)
The event in and of itself was terrible, but now it has escalated beyond belief. Around 100 or more people, mostly black, went to the police station to protest peacefully. Things quickly turned bad as martial law got involved and authorities were bringing in K9s, tanks, heavy artillery, ect. The heavy police presence only made things worse as riots began to break out and looting and vandalism started. [ x ] [ x ] [ x ]
Now, as of very recently, the media has been banned from Ferguson. There is also a No-Fly zone above Ferguson for the reason of “ TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTIVITIES ” as said on the Federal Aviation Commission’s website. Cop cars are lined up on the borders to prevent people from entering/leaving. Media outlets are being threatened with arrest. It completely violates our amendments and everything.
It’s becoming increasingly scary and difficult to find out whats going on over there. I’m afraid this is all the information I have, though. If anybody else knows anything about the situation, please feel free to add on or correct any mistakes i’ve made as i’m no expert on writing these things.
And as a personal favor, i’d really appreciate anyone to give this a reblog in order to spread the word. I think it’s a shame that this is going on in our own country yet so few people know about it. Help me make this topic huge and get this as much attention as possible.